CREATURE COMFORTS BREWER: LEVEL 1
LOCATION: SOUTHERN MILLS, ATHENS GA
· Will report to the Head Brewer
· Execute weekly production shifts with the direction of Head Brewer and Production Manager
o Ensure all quality checks are performed each shift. Collect grist check samples, wort gravity and pH, microbiological testing samples, yeast samples, and others.
o Perform brewing GMP tasks daily
o Execute tasks to completion and with high attention to detail, keep brewhouse in clean and sanitary condition
o Properly handle and pitch yeast.
o Assist cellar and other production departments as needed
· Record raw material inventory for brewing on Brewsheet. Alert Lead Brewer to any discrepancies
· Help Maintain QC metrics for Raw Materials.
o Collect samples for Grist Crush library
o Assist in monitoring bulk delivery malt damage
o Rotate and sort Hop storage.
· Assist warehouse in organization of raw materials.
o Ensure FIFO and Lot Tracking as directed
· Follow and implement all brewing SOP’s with an eye for continuous improvement.
· Troubleshoot daily issues with brewing equipment and Krones-Botec system. Escalate to maintenance and lead brewer as needed.
· Assist Lead Brewer and maintenance department with preventative maintenance and repair as needed.
· Alert lead brewer and Facilities team to ensure the timely pick-up of spent grain.
· Assist in cleaning and sanitation of common areas.
· Positively contribute to a culture of safety, continuous improvement, and sustainability.
· Dedication to quality first, excellent attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills, due to Brewer will be required to monitor several batches simultaneously and maintain strict quality metrics.
· Experience in maintenance, welding, mechanical departments also preferred.
· Proficient & confident with trouble shooting brewing system issues.
· Highly self-managed & a self-starter, requiring minimal supervision as our culture is one that values trusting our team members to get the job done with the highest quality and dedication
· Applicant should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness and availability to work all shifts, including overnights
· Ideal applicant will possess excellent knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and sanitation.
· Experience with lactobacillus cultures and kettle souring as well as clean yeast handling preferred
· 2+ years of experience operating brewing systems ranging in size, preferably both manual and automated brewing experience. Preference given to applicants with experience operating a Krones Brewhouse.
· Competent in Microsoft office suite and aptitude for new digital systems.
If you meet the qualifications listed, please consider who we are, what we do, and why we do it. If these are values you can truly exemplify in your work performance, then we welcome you to apply to this position by following the application directions.
We also encourage you to visit the rest of our website, where you can learn more about our story, our family, and what we are passionate about.
ABOUT CREATURE COMFORTS BREWING CO.
Our mission is to build an industry respected craft brewery that helps people navigate the beautiful and complex world of beer.
We exist to create enjoyable experiences, to inspire people to pursue their passions, and to encourage people to care for their communities.
Crave Curiosity - A curious mind leads to a better living
Moderation Matters - In life as in beer, being balanced is best
People Over Product - Products are expendable. People aren’t
Extend Kindness - Start with trust. No gossip. Give grace.
Make It Better - Whether job or community, make it better. The best idea wins
Leave A Legacy - Set up your successors for success
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview may be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.