At Creature Comforts you can not only work for an industry-respected craft brewery but also join a company culture that seeks in every way to add value to your work experience.
We’re constantly searching for new people who sincerely strive for excellence in everything they do, and desire to join a company committed to its employees and its community. We hire great people to keep our company strong, which can mean a thorough interview process.
Our Commercial Sales Team is seeking a Quality Sales Manager to add to the team. The Quality Sales Manager position is a sales role focused on Coastal Georgia and based in Savannah, GA. The role is integral to fulfilling our company's purpose - to create enjoyable experiences with our brand, inspire people to pursue their passions, and encourage people to care for their communities. An ideal candidate will be able to bring our company’s mission to life - to build an industry respected craft brewery that helps people navigate the beautiful and complex world of beer.
As a part of our quality driven company, the Quality Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and assuring the quality of the Creature Comforts brand as it extends to people, products, and promotions. Specialists will work within a specified universe of key accounts in the market in tandem with a single distributor driving accountability. The Quality Sales Manager position is incredibly important as they are the front line to retail, wholesalers, and consumers. They are focused on quality assurance, living the brand and its values, connectivity to coastal Georgia markets, and on what it takes to ensure that Creature Comforts reflects quality in all that we do.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
Focus on Quality
Quality must be at the heart of everything we do as we to protect our brewer’s intent. Understand that Quality is our #1 sales driver in building our brand today, tomorrow, and for the future. We are a pull-through brewery focused on authentic growth driven by the quality of people’s interaction with our brand, the quality of the products we produce, and the quality of the promotions we create to bring our brand to life.
• Works directly with our distributor partner covering Savannah, St. Simons, the rest of Coastal Georgia, and parts of South Georgia
• Manage relationships with key folks within The Target Market Account universe as well as the general market where it matters most to build the Creature Comforts brand
• Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in the account universe and maximize relationships to ensure Creature Comforts maintains the highest level of quality at retail
• Develop quality relationships with key people at the distributor level including off/on-premise stakeholders, chain managers, craft managers, off/on-premise managers, merchandisers, etc.
• Perform weekly distributor work-withs, assess the freshness, velocity, shelf position, rotation of our beer, and merchandise accounts according to Creature Comforts standards
• Visit approximately ten accounts a day and have a strong presence late in the day into the night while maintaining personal balance
• Develop an understanding of how to accomplish the following: POS orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, and scheduling work-withs
• Successfully drive accountability from our distributor partner
• Work on challenging yourself on continuous improvement, identifying areas of opportunity and betterment
• Pursue the development of industry respect at all levels of retail and wholesale through passion, execution, strong follow-through, communication, accountability, and dependability
• Understand that protecting our brewer’s intent is a primary goal to ensure our customers experience the best beer possible to the sensory standards set by our Quality Team
• Have the ability to taste and assess the quality of the beer
• Must be able to understand and tirelessly apply our quality objectives at both channels of business on-premise (focusing on rotated product, served through clean lines in beer clean glassware)
• Be able to understand and live the Creature Comforts brand and reflect our values
• Know how to develop and manage promotions that are true to brand
• Be a stakeholder throughout the entire process of bringing an event to life including planning, managing point of sale, communication to teams internally as well as with retailers and distributors, execution and follow-up
Desired Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
Genuine desire to work at Creature Comforts Brewing Company
Passion, integrity, work ethic, highly motivated, a self-starter, and a true sense of pride
Strong knowledge of the craft brewing industry
Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
Strong understanding of our company, history, and product offerings
Strong communication skills and the ability to learn and master the selling skills process
Basic computer competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Administrative-- the ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, weekly recaps, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail
Retail on or off experience is preferred but not mandatory
Budget management and financial accountability
Must possess a clean driving record as an MVR will be pulled upon hiring verification
Must reside in Savannah, GA
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview may be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.