At Creature Comforts you can not only work for an industry-respected craft brewery but also join a company culture that seeks in every way to add value to your work experience.
We’re constantly searching for new people who sincerely strive for excellence in everything they do, and desire to join a company committed to its employees and its community. We hire great people to keep our company strong, which can mean a thorough interview process.
Our Finance department is seeking to add an Accounting Manager to the team. The Accounting Manager position is one that supports the department by working cohesively with the Controller, the Accounting Manager’s direct reports, and with cross-functional teams throughout the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
• Responsible for managing month-end close process
• Reviews monthly general ledger reconciliations
• Supervises all company A/P and A/R functions
• Supervise recording of daily tasting room revenue and online sales
• Maintains company fixed asset records and ensures company capital policies and procedures are followed
• Manage monthly physical inventory counts and research variances as necessary
• Analyze production costs and prepare reports comparing actual costs to plan costs.
• Review of departmental month-end and annual financial reports
• Prepares ad hoc management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Protects assets by monitoring and enforcing internal controls and purchasing procedures/policies
• Support external financial audits & end of year tax preparation
• Protects company operations and plans by keeping financial information confidential.
• Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and local government tax matters
• Supervisory responsibility for general accounting
• Directs and over-sees the responsibilities and daily activities of two-three employees, within the finance department.
• Cross-functional collaboration on budgeting and forecasting
• Analyze and review monthly incurred expenses from SAP Concur
• Maintain a documentation system of accounting policies and procedures
• Cross-functional collaboration, with HR, on payroll reporting & 401K accounting ledger
ROLE SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• Multi-tasking with strong task management skills
• High level communication and presentation skills
• Collaborative team work abilities, within direct department and cross-functionally
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• High ability for self-starting & management
• Knowledge and respect for compliance with insurance & other partnerships that require mandates for the business
• High level problem-solving abilities
• Direct and focused leadership abilities; both project leadership & leadership with direct reports
• Microsoft Excel (specifically pivot tables, and complex modeling). Visual Basic a plus.
• Microsoft Office Suite &/or 365
• SAP Concur knowledge & experience a plus
• Proven ability to learn new accounting software systems quickly.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 3-5 years in an accounting role, with 2-3 years of management experience; specifically,
Sr. Accounting or Accounting Manager experience
o Experience in a manufacturing/production environment strongly preferred
o Cost accounting experience a plus
o Candidates with experience within the Beverage industry will be given priority
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 18th . Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview may be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.