At Creature Comforts you can not only work for an industry-respected craft brewery but also join a company culture that seeks in every way to add value to your work experience.
We’re constantly searching for new people who sincerely strive for excellence in everything they do, and desire to join a company committed to its employees and its community. We hire great people to keep our company strong, which can mean a thorough interview process.
Our Production department is seeking to add a Quality Manager to the team. The Quality Manager position works closely with the Brewmaster to lead our efforts in Quality Control and Quality Assurance, and will manage a team of Quality Lab Specialists.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
• Ensure that all products produced by Creature Comforts meet our quality specifications
• Monitor the quality of raw materials including ingredients, packaging materials, etc.
• Lead our efforts in sensory training and regular sensory panel evaluation
• Manage the analytical evaluation of our products and processes
• Direct the microbiological testing program
• Supervise the efforts to monitor and assess in package quality
• Work with the Commercial Sales Team to manage in market quality
• Lead our efforts for FSMA compliance through Good Manufacturing Processes
• Develop new quality policies and specifications
• Design and execute experiments for troubleshooting, product development or research
• Analyze and interpret data
• Potentially publish research in trade journals
• Develop and implement new methods for Continuous Improvement efforts
• Administer the monthly budget and CAPEX expenditures of the lab
• Create weekly staffing schedules for the lab personnel
• Hold and attend various meetings with key shareholders in the company and serve as the main point of contact for all things related to QC/QA for the company
• Create, along with the Brewmaster, a strategic vision for the future of Creature Comfort’s Quality lab
• Ensure safety within the lab, but also contribute to the larger conversation around safety in the brewery
• Work to ensure efficient operations within the quality department
• Attend conferences as our quality representative
• Lead planning efforts for Quality in any new location projects that arise
ROLE SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES
• High ability for self-starting and management
• Leadership and management skills
• High level communication and presentation skills
• Collaborative team work abilities, within direct department and cross-functionality
• High level problem-solving abilities
• Microsoft Office Suite
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Multiple years working in a well-respected brewery Quality Lab, ideally in a leadership role
• Bachelor’s degree or more in a Science field
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by Monday, March 25th . Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview may be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.