Social Media Specialist
Reports to: Consumer Marketing Manager
At Creature Comforts you can not only work for an industry-respected craft brewery but also join a company culture that seeks in every way to add value to your work experience.
We’re constantly searching for new people who sincerely strive for excellence in everything they do, and desire to join a company committed to its employees and its community. We hire great people to keep our company strong, which can mean a thorough interview process.
Our Marketing Team is seeking a Social Media Specialist. In this role, you will work closely with our Consumer Marketing Manager and our marketing team to promote our brand, voice, and values, and with the rest of our team to support short- and long-term marketing strategies. This role is highly administrative, and you will have the opportunity to work alongside several departments and teams.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Knows what it takes to build & maintain a strong following in craft beer, ideally has some social media marketing experience in beer or related industries, and has a knack for highly visual brand-building & storytelling
• Is passionate about beer, local artists, and the general goings-on of the Athens community, and is genuinely interested in the art and science of brewing beer
• Has the capacity for highly administrative work – can create calendars for approval in a timely manner, is skilled with/can become proficient with our project management system (Asana), and can respond to emails in a timely fashion. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) & Photoshop is a plus
• Highly efficient with excellent time management skills and can prioritize tasks. Ability to take direction but also work independently when needed
• Able to meet deadlines for company-wide production schedule, including some occasional tight day-of turnarounds
• Understands the importance of maintaining a brand voice, which we have been actively cultivating over the last 4.5 years
• Serious & passionate about social media and can get up-to-date on our brand, values, and voice quickly
• Some schedule flexibility: mostly will be required to be at work “regular” work hours (9AM-5PM), but able to also do some social media on nights & weekends if needed
• Maintain a content calendar for, writing copy for, and posting to Creature Comforts social media accounts
• Work closely with the marketing team, specifically our Photographer/Videographer on generating content with direction from the Consumer Marketing Manager as well as our External Communications Specialist to ensure proper timing of posts on social media to align with our publicity calendar
• Supporting the work of our taproom and sales team for on and offsite event promotion
• Attend weekly marketing team meetings - the right candidate will be comfortable pitching and helping to generate lots of fun ideas and is not afraid to speak up
• Creating content for our email newsletter subscribers
• Regularly updating the Creature Comforts Brewing Co. website
• Working closely with event staff to promote on- and off-site CCBC events
• Developing and implementing marketing strategies for special product releases and projects
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview may be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.