Position: Cellar Assistant (Full-time)
Location: Athens, GA
Reports to: Brewmaster
At Creature Comforts, you get the chance not only work for an industry-respected craft brewery, but you join a company culture that seeks in every way to add value to your employee experience. We’re always looking for the best—the best talent, the best attitude, the best fit. But we know, also, that you could be applying anywhere, and you’ve chosen to explore our company. We take that seriously and are grateful for your interest.
Identifying the right team member, however, is not easy. We’re constantly searching for colleagues who sincerely strive for excellence in everything they do, and desire to join a company committed to its employees and its community. We hire great people to keep our company strong, but it can be an intense interview process.
So, are you ready to work with some of the best in this industry? Would you like to grow with us?
Our production team is seeking a highly-motivated, super-organized individual who wants to elevate our brand and product by caring for our beer in the cellar. This is a behind-the-scenes role, but it helps create a consumer-facing product. Simply stated, our cellar assistants ensure beer makes its way through the cellar efficiently, on time, and at the highest levels of quality.
This is an entry level role with the potential for a promotion to a fully trained cellar person. No direct experience is required.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualities:
• CIP of fermenters, brights and various other pieces of cellar equipment
• Operation of GEA HB1 centrifuge
• Dry hopping and recirculation
• Yeast handling
• Cell counting
• Carbonation of bright beer
• Performing various quality checks including: sensory, DO readings, CO2 measurement, specific gravity using benchtop densitometer/alcolizer
• Creating daily task lists, prioritizing and executing
• Evaluating and carrying out tank actions
• Recording activities and readings into our database
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
• Excellent work ethic and a solution-oriented attitude
• A strong passion for craft beer, and ideally Creature Comforts
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to lift 55 pounds, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend and stoop
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com.
Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview may be contacted. Please apply by September 15, 2018 to be considered.