Position: Brewer (Full time)
Location: Athens GA
Reports to: Head Brewer.
• Production of high quality wort on both a 4 vessel 30 BBL semi-manual system and a 4 vessel Krones fully automated system.
• Timely quality measurements such as gravity, pH, weights, and other measurements as directed by Head Brewer or Quality Dept.
• Execution of varying recipes to a high degree of accuracy.
• Preparing, milling, weighing grain using manual and automatic systems.
• Handling and pitching of yeast.
• Troubleshooting and basic maintenance of brewing, milling, and various brewery equipment.
• Scheduled cleaning tasks as laid out in GMP plan.
• Assisting Cellar with coordinating the production of wort and cleaning of shared equipment.
• Creating daily task lists, prioritizing and executing.
• Recording activities and readings accurately into our database system
Successful candidates will have:
• A minimum of 2 years brewing experience in a brewery producing at least 40,000 barrels per year.
• Deep knowledge of both manual and automated brewing systems
• Experience working with Krones-Botec automated system highly preferred.
• Experience using handheld gravity meters, such as Anton-par DMA 35, and pH meters.
• Experience working within standards of Good Manufacturing Practices and safety programs.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Strong work ethic and a solution-oriented attitude
• Excellent communication skills, comfortable working as part of a team and independently.
• Ability to lift 55 pounds, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend and stoop
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com.
Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview may be contacted. Please apply by May 24th, 2018 to be considered.
Creature Comforts Brewing Company is dedicated to build an industry respected craft brewery that inspires people to pursue their passions. We encourage people to crave curiosity, believing that being curious leads people to uncover their passion, and that pursuit of that passion leads to happiness and the ability to enjoy the Creature Comforts of life. Our coworkers enjoy a casual work environment, opportunities for development, and a real opportunity to make a difference.