Position: Tasting Room Staff (Entry level)
Location: Athens GA
Reports to: Tour Manager
Job Description: The individual in this position is responsible for interacting with our guests and ensuring that they have a great experience when at the brewery. CCBC Tasting Room Staff are responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately describing and serving beer to guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, they are expected to be attentive to guests' needs and to make sure they feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. This position also requires that the candidate become a Cicerone Certified Server within 3 months of acquiring the position. The necessary training and cost of the exam are provided for by our brewery staff.
- Greet guests, work on registers, discuss beer offerings with guests, and serve beer.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Handle an assigned house register and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Collect payment for tour merchandise and balance all receipts.
- Ensure that the assigned work area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for serving guests, prepare inventory, and notify management of any needs to replenish supplies.
- emonstrate a thorough knowledge of the craft beer industry and beverages, in particular the Creature Comforts brand of beers
aintain a clean working area by sweeping, mopping, dusting, and cleaning as needed.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be passionate about craft beer
- Have bartending experience
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Have a desire to teach others about beer
- Show proven dedication and achievement towards their personal passions
- Understand the sometimes uncertainty associated with brewery tour attendance
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview may be contacted. Please apply by July 2, 2018 to be considered.
Creature Comforts Brewing Company is dedicated to build an industry respected craft brewery that inspires people to pursue their passions. We encourage people to crave curiosity, believing that being curious leads people to uncover their passion, and that pursuit of that passion leads to happiness and the ability to enjoy the Creature Comforts of life. Our coworkers enjoy a casual work environment, opportunities for development, and a real opportunity to make a difference.