Position: Tasting Room Staff (Entry level)
Location: Athens GA
Reports to: Tour Manager
Job Description: The individual in this position is responsible for interacting with our guests and ensuring that they have a great experience when at the brewery. CCBC Tasting Room Staff are responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately describing and serving beer to guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, they are expected to be attentive to guests' needs and to make sure they feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. This position also requires that the candidate become a Cicerone Certified Server within 3 months of acquiring the position. The necessary training and cost of the exam are provided for by our brewery staff.
- Greet guests, work on registers, discuss beer offerings with guests, and serve beer.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Handle an assigned house register and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Collect payment for tour merchandise and balance all receipts.
- Ensure that the assigned work area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for serving guests, prepare inventory, and notify management of any needs to replenish supplies.
- emonstrate a thorough knowledge of the craft beer industry and beverages, in particular the Creature Comforts brand of beers
aintain a clean working area by sweeping, mopping, dusting, and cleaning as needed.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be passionate about craft beer
- Have bartending experience
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Have a desire to teach others about beer
- Show proven dedication and achievement towards their personal passions
- Understand the sometimes uncertainty associated with brewery tour attendance
Please send your resume, references, and a cover letter to email@example.com with "Tasting Room Staff" in the subject line.