The Broadside Exhibition Project: verse 1
On view in the CCBC Gallery through April 1, 2018
The Broadside Exhibition Project: verse 1 is the first in a new annual exhibition series that pairs local poets and artists to create original illustrated poems. Created through these collaborations, the fifteen broadsides that comprise verse 1 represent the creative diversity of our community. One part gallery show, one part public art project, verse 1 originals will be displayed in the CCBC Gallery, while poster-sized reproductions will be installed around Athens and on display through April 1, 2018. The series will subsequently be transferred to Hendershot’s and on exhibition until the end of April.
Out of the dozens of Athens- and Atlanta-based applicants, Creature Comforts selected 15 artists and 15 writers to collaborate on the broadsides (one per pair). The pairings were blind, meaning the artists and writers did not know whom they would be partnered with, and most partners did not know each other previously. The fundamental intention of this project is to promote communication and connectivity within our community by prompting creative strangers to work together.
Collaborating poets (left) and artists (right):
• Jessica Magnarella and Meredith Elder
• Claire Cronin and Hannah Burton
• Don Ellington and Lois Songster
• Frank Montesonti and Chris Taylor
• Hayley Brooks and Hannah Betzel
• Jacob Porter and Adam Toksoz
• Jake Syersak and Katie McCullough
• Jessica Kirby and Anna Lee Shultz
• Carly Landa and Rebecca Atkins
• Marcus Keith and Gunnar Tarsa
• Morgan Lawrence and Melissa Harshman
• Ray Lee and Caroline Potterf
• Sam Sutlive and Phillip McClure
• Thomas Loudermilk and Jeanne Whatley
• Thomas May and Ruth Allen
The original works of art will be for sale through Creature Comforts’ online merchandise shop. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to bring local art into your home or the home of a loved one!
Prints for sale online via Pixel & Ink Studio: https://www.athensartprints.com/creature-comforts-broadside
Athens Art Prints is a program by Pixel & Ink Studio to make high-quality artwork reproduction services more accessible to local artists.